At Safety Training Solutions, we deliver Hand & Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) training courses throughout the year at our training centre in Dingwall, just 15 minutes drive from Inverness. Alternatively, we can deliver this on site in the Highlands & Islands or anywhere across Scotland.
- Course Duration: 3.5 Hrs
- Open Course Price: £95 + VAT per person
- Group Rate Price: Please call 01349 862226
- Maximum Delegate: 12
- Delivery Method: Classroom Based Theory
- Prerequisite: None
- Assessment: Multiple Choice Test Paper
- Certification: Each successful delegate will receive a Certificate of Training (valid for 3 years)
- If you/your employer are a CITB Levy Payer, a CITB Grant Payment of £60 per person will be applied for on completion of this course. More information of this can be found on the CITB Website-Hand Arm Vibration in Construction
Who Should attend this course
To provide training and information for persons who are or may be exposed to vibration during their working day from using Hand held power tools to make them aware of the possible side effects on their circulatory system.
- HAVS is preventable, but once the damage is done it is permanent.
- HAVS is serious and disabling, and nearly 2 million people are at risk.
- Damage from HAVS can include the inability to do fine work and cold can trigger painful finger blanching attacks.
Hand & Arms Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) Training
- What is HAVS
- When is vibration hazardous
- Health effects of vibration
- Jobs and tools that produce a risk
- Measuring vibration
- Assessing the risks
- Estimating exposure
- Controlling the risk
- Health Surveillance
View our full range of Health and Safety Training Courses