At Safety Training Solutions, we deliver monthly IOSH Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Workers (Green CSCS Card) courses throughout the year at our training centre in Dingwall, just 15 minutes drive from Inverness. Alternatively, we can deliver this on site in the Highlands & Islands or anywhere across Scotland.
Course Duration: 1 Day
- Course Price: £130 + VAT per person
- Group Rate Price: Please call 01349 862226
- Maximum Delegate: 20
- Delivery Method: Classroom Based Theory
- Prerequisite: Candidates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English
- Assessment: Multiple Choice Test Paper
- Certification: Each successful delegate will receive an IOSH Certificate of Training
- This course is a recognised CSCS Alternative Course for gaining the Green CSCS Labourer Card.
Who the course is for
Anyone who works on or around a construction site or has cause to visit the site in the course of their work.Remember, it is your responsibility to provide your staff with the training to ensure your site is fully compliant with safety, health and environmental regulations.
What the course covers
- Health and safety issues to be managed in the construction industry to protect employees, contractors, neighbours and others
- The basics of local law
- The importance of risk assessments and method statements and the development process
- Site requirements for the welfare of construction workers on site
- Hazards and controls associated with construction sites and activities including working at height and confined spaces
- Site environmental management including management of waste and ecology
Once this course has been completed, it can be used to apply for the Green CSCS Labourer’s card. To do this, a touchscreen test must be completed at a CITB Pearson Vue test centre. Evidence of passing both of these are then submitted to CSCS who will then produce the CSCS card. You can apply for this card here!